Sunday 24 December 2017

7 Things to Do on Sunday for a More Productive Week

Picture the scenario. It’s Monday morning. You can barely drag yourself out of bed. You’re exhausted. You get ready for work, barely making it out the door on time. You don’t have a lunch packed, so you’ll grab some fast food on your lunch hour. You sit down at your desk and sigh.


Your desk is a mess because you couldn’t wait to get out the door on Friday afternoon. Your email inbox is full, more junk mail than work mail. It’s going to be a long day. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?


We’ve all been there. But it doesn’t have to be that way. If you take advantage of your Sundays to prepare for the week, Mondays can be a heck of a lot easier! Here are 7 things you can do on Sunday for a more productive week.

7 Things to Do on Sunday For a More Productive Week | Monday mornings don't have to be stressful! In this post I'm sharing 7 things you can do on Sunday to have a more productive week! | Productivity, Productive, Organization

 

Think of Sunday as the First Day of the Week

Most people think of Sunday as the last day to relax before heading back to work or school. Instead, think of Sunday as the first chance to prepare yourself for the week’s tasks. Monday mornings will feel less dreadful and less overwhelming because you’ve already got yourself into the mindset.


Clean Out Your Email Inbox

If you work a typical 9-5 job, chances are most of the emails you receive Friday night through Sunday are personal and junk mail as opposed to work email. Clean those out on Sunday night so you can sit down Monday to only emails you’ve received that morning. It will help jump into work more quickly when you don’t have to sludge through junk mail.


Write a To-Do List For the Week

When it comes to having a more productive week, this is my most effective way to do it. Having these tasks laid out before the week starts will allow you to jump right into them Monday morning. You can find this weekly planner in the Etsy shop that easy lets you plan our your tasks for the entire week. If you prefer a daily planner, this one is my favorite!


Clean Your Desk

If you work from home, clean your desk off on Sunday so you start the week with a clean desk. Put anything you’ll need for Monday’s projects front and center. If you don’t work from home, this is something best done Friday afternoon before you leave for the weekend.


Schedule Social Media For the Week

If you’re a fellow blogger, that is. I like to do almost all of my social media posts for Facebook and Twitter on Sunday so I don’t have to think about it during the week. It only takes 15-20 minutes on Sunday, and it saves me time the rest of the week. Don’t worry, I’ve got a blog post all about automating your blog promotion for social media!


Clean the House

There’s nothing worse than starting the work week with a messy house! I always have a more productive week when it starts with a clean house. Monday evenings after work are pretty much the last time I want to come home and wash dishes, do laundry, etc., so I get all of that done on Sundays.


Meal Plan and Meal Prep

Sundays are typically the day I do any grocery shopping. Before I do that, I write a meal plan. I write down what I’ll have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day.


My go-to for meal planning is this meal planning notepad. It’s super minimalist, which makes it easy to focus on the task at hand. I also love this grocery list notepad to take to the store with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTOMATIC RANKING OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN DEVELOPING NATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES)

University ranking has become increasingly important in recent years among the general public at large because it creates a public platform...