Saturday 15 April 2017

6 Essential Tips to Maintaining a Blog While Working Full-Time

Tips to Maintain Your Blog While Working FT

Every blogger has to start somewhere when and many of us, like myself, have to continue to work full time while maintaining our blogs and it’s not easy but it can be done.

With these 6 essential tips you will be able to maintain your blog while working full time.

 

Don’t bite off more than you can chew

Don’t think that you must publish blog posts 5 days a week.  Keep the number to a minimum so that you can keep up and don’t get burnt out.  Also, this will ensure quality over quantity and that’s so important when blogging.

 

Automate as much as possible

Use tools that allow you to automate as much as you can for your blog.  If you’re like me and use Pinterest to gain traffic for you blog then use Boardbooster to

 

Set goals

This is a tip for any blogger.  It’s so important to set goals so that you do not get off track.  Trust me, I know, I’ve been there.  When I first started blogging I never got anything done because I would have so many thoughts running around in my head and I’d start one thing and then jump to another, never finishing any of them.  I was a mess!!  I learned quickly that was not going to work and started setting Monthly, Weekly and Daily goals.

 

Don’t compare yourself with other bloggers

We see many bloggers who are our blogging “idols” and that we look up to because we think they have amazing blogs and fantastic content.  Of course, we all think it would be great to be able to have a blog like them but don’t let those thoughts control you because that just turns into dragging you down.  Worry about yourself, your blog and publishing great content!

 

Make the most of your breaks and lunches at full time job

I think your breaks and lunches can be used either to work on your blog or to get in your exercise for the day by taking a nice long walk and that way you won’t have to do that when you get home.  If you sit behind a desk all day at work and then go home and sit back down to work on your blog, you should really get exercise in somewhere!

 

Always remain optimistic and positive

Real talk!!  There is no room for negativity when working full-time and maintaining a blog and always finding the positive side will make your life so much easier and your blog so much more successful!! Every blogger has to start somewhere when and many of us, like myself, have to continue to work full time while maintaining our blogs and it’s not easy but it can be done.


Check out my free email course How to Eliminate Fears and Negativity.  It will give the tools to work through your fears!


What tips do you have to maintain your blog while working full-time?  I’d love to hear them because I’m always looking for new ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTOMATIC RANKING OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN DEVELOPING NATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES)

University ranking has become increasingly important in recent years among the general public at large because it creates a public platform...