Do cockroaches really worry you in your kitchen? Do they take a dip in your cooking oil or are present in the sugar jars and the food you cook? Certainly yes, roaches create a mess in the kitchen and everything looks so untidy and ugly. Do you know how to get rid of cockroaches?
Sometimes you just feel irritated seeing this tiny creature moving here and there in the kitchen. It is frustrating to feel that these small creatures will be the owner of your kitchen one day. Although it sounds funny, it is the case in most kitchens. They are everywhere on the induction cookers, gas stoves, kitchen sinks etc.
Causes for Cockroaches Infestation
There can be several reasons for roach infestation in your kitchen. The major ones include:
- Very poor domestic hygiene which allows them to breed in your kitchen.
- Uncovered food, oil etc. which gives roaches to attack your food.
- The ideal condition for breeding.
- No pest control measures which allows them to infest the kitchen.
- They breed very quickly and under minimum environment conditions.
- They can fit in any space, especially found in the corners and crevices of the walls.
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches?These days several cockroach sprays and liquids are available in the market. However, these repellents are toxic for the cockroaches but they affect human health as well. It is not advisable to breathe the repellent air for a longer time as it may lead to several respiratory ailments.
Our kitchen is the problem and solution to all. If roaches infestation is a major problem in the kitchen, then the same place also has the essential ingredients to get rid of roaches. Believe it or not, following simple home tips can help you on how to get rid of cockroaches easily.
1. Use Baking SodaBaking soda is one of the best methods to get rid of cockroaches. The strong acidic nature of Baking soda makes the roaches skin dry and they die instantly. Let’s see how to make a baking soda trap!
- Baking soda
- Dilute sugar in water till it is completely dissolved.
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda to the sugary water and stir.
- Take a small plastic container and divide the liquid equally into different containers.
- Place the containers in different parts of the kitchen.
2. How To Get Rid of Cockroaches Using Bay Leaves?Bay leaves are easily available in the market. It is one of the important flavoured leaves which form an essential part of the daily cuisine. Bay leaves are equally useful to keep roaches at bay. You can place few bay leaves near the sinkholes, in the crevices of the walls and at the corners. It is always better to place few leaves even in the books and clothes cupboard to prevent roaches infestation.
3. Use Soap SolutionSoap solution is excellent to kill the pests. Make a heavy soapy liquid and keep it in a spray bottle. Spray the liquid on the roaches directly. It will kill the roaches instantly as the soap solution is known to clog their pores. Simultaneously, the soapy solution will also clean your kitchen.
4. Use CucumberCucumber is one of the best ways to get rid of roaches. Peel some cucumber peels and place it in the infested area of the kitchen. This method will not kill the roaches but certainly keep them away from the kitchen. This method is an organic way of getting rid of cockroaches. It is non-toxic and a healthy way to waive off roaches.
5. Use Homemade SpraysHomemade sprays are a natural organic way to eliminate the roaches from the kitchen. Try the below method as it is very effective to get of roaches.
- Take one onion and few garlic cloves and mash it in a blender.
- Extract the juice from it and add it to a litre of water.
- Add one teaspoon of pepper powder to this liquid and mix it.
- Use a spray bottle and fill the bottle with this solution.
- Spray the solution directly on the roaches or in the infested areas.
6. Use LemonUsing lemon can be an idea to keep the roaches away. Lemon is known for its anti-pathogenic nature and will help to get rid of roaches.
In your daily mop liquid, add lemon juice and mop the floors at least once in a day. You can also take a cloth and wipe your kitchen cabinets, floors, gas stoves, counter tops with this liquid to keep roaches away. It will also keep germs away. The acidic nature of lemon will force the cockroaches to leave your home.
7. How To Get Rid of Cockroaches Using Bleach?One of the ways in which the roaches enter your kitchen is basically through the sink holes. Bleach is a known disinfectant since ages. Dilute some bleach in water and pour it in the sink holes and your home will be free of roaches. It will also clean the kitchen sinks.
8. Use Coffee TrapA coffee trap is a simple and effective home remedy. Place coffee in a container and fill the container with water. The strong smell of caffeine will attract the roaches towards it. Once they climb the container, they will be drowned in water. This will cut their breathing and the roaches will die instantly.
9. How To Get Rid of Cockroaches Using Moth BallsMoth balls can kill the roaches. Place moth balls in the kitchen cabinets and sinks. Also, place them in your cupboards to get rid of roaches. It is one of the simple and effective methods, however, it is not healthy for human beings especially for children.
10. Get Rid of Cockroaches Using Ammonia SolutionAmmonia is also known to kill the roaches. It’s strong pungent odour keeps roaches away. Add a cup of ammonia to water and dilute it. Use this solution to mop your house, wipe the cabinets and counter tops in kitchen. You can also use this solution to flush toilets and kitchen sinks.
ConclusionRoaches are a definite mess in the kitchen. Using too much of chemical products is hazardous to human beings as well. By following the simple home remedies, once can get rid of the roaches. Use the remedies regularly to get a clean and pest free kitchen.
Hope you have found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.