10) Lupita Nyong’oWe’ll never forget how stunningly gorgeous Nyong’o was in her light blue Cinderella-esque Prada gown at the 2013 Oscars. And oh yeah, she became the first Kenyan to win an Academy Award for her performance as Patsey in “12 Years a Slave.” The Mexican-Kenyan actress took home the prize for Best Supporting Actress, also becoming fourth Mexican born actress to be nominated for an Oscar. People Magazine named her the most beautiful woman in the world in 2014, and we can’t disagree.
9) Kandyse McClureBorn Candice McClure in Durban, South Africa, this sexy actress is best known for her portrayal of Dr. Clementine Chasseur on Netflix’s original series “Hemlock Grove” and her five year stint on the Sci-Fi channel’s “Battlestar Galactica” as Officer Anastasia Dualla. Follow her on social media, and you’ll swear she’s a top model. She has a way of looking gorgeous in everything she wears, especially high fashion looks.
4) Liya KebedeHer story is the oldest in the book: spotted in high school by a film director who introduced her to a French modeling agent. This high paid, high fashion model has appeared on the covers of Paris Italian, Japanese, American, French and Spanish Vogue just to name a few. Being the face ad campaigns for Gap, Yves Saint-Laurent, Victoria’s Secret, Tommy Hilfiger, Revlon, Dolce & Gabbana, and Louis Vuitton has helped her rake in some major bank. But being the only Ethiopian to be the face of Estée Lauder in the company’s history – reportedly paid her $3 million. With a body to kill for and an estimated net worth of $18 Million, she makes it to number four on our list.
3) Gugu Mbatha-RawAlthough known as a British actress, Gugu is the daughter of Patrick Mbatha, who is a doctor from South Africa. Her parents separated when she was an infant, and she was raised by her mother, Anne Raw, in England. Although Gugu has a stage background, she is more famous for TV roles on “Bad Girls” and “Doctor Who.” She looks just as sexy in a blazer and jeans as she does in a film premiere gown. She carries herself with a style and grace that is undeniable. With sexy legs and a hot body, you might be surprised to know: she’s only 5’4″.
2) Azie TesfaiAzie may seem like just a Southern California girl, having been raised in LA for the most part. But being a first-generation immigrant whose family hails from and still mostly lives in Ethiopia and Eritrea, she identifies with her East African heritage. She gained popularity on the CW’s “Jane the Virgin” but has stated she had no interest in acting as a Los Angeles youth. Azie has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of California, Berkeley. And her business, Fortuned Culture, has helped her make her mark as a philanthropic entrepreneur.
1) Charlize TheronWith legs a mile long, a bikini ready body, and a sultry smile, this South African goddess has been killing it on the red carpet for years. Theron won a modeling contract at 16 years old and attended ballet school as a teen. This mega-moviestar known for such films as “The Cider House Rules,” “The Devil’s Advocate,” and “Monster” is also a peace activist, a mom of one, and a spokeswoman for “J’adore” by Christian Dior. What can’t she do? She’s topped everyone’s hottest list at some point in recent years, and we’ve made no exception.
Dating Sean Penn? We’re trying to work through it.