Homemade Eye Makeup Remover
1. AvocadoAvocado is rich in oil known as avocado oil.
- Cut an avocado into two halves.
- Soak cotton in the oil from the avocado.
- Apply it gently on your eyes around the makeup area.
- Let it stay for some time.
- Wipe off the makeup with a clean cloth.
- It removes the eye makeup gently and moisturizes the skin.
Caution-Do not use soap or face wash after wiping the makeup. It will make the eye areas extremely dry. It is better to let the oil stay in for the whole night.
2. Olive Oil and Coconut OilThis combination is effective in removing the eye makeup. It also keeps the eye hydrated and prevents dryness.
- Mix olive oil and coconut oil and store it in a container.
- Shake the container and pour a little of it in the cotton ball.
- Apply it on the eyes and the makeup region and allow it to stand for some time.
- Wipe across your eyes and then remove the oil with a dry cotton ball.
- Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
3. Petroleum JellyPetroleum jelly is excellent homemade eye makeup remover for waterproof make-up.
- Take some petroleum jelly and gently apply across the eyes.
- Leave it for some time and massage in circular strokes for few minutes.
- Finally, wipe it off with a dry cotton ball.
- Any kind of waterproof makeup can be easily removed with petroleum jelly.
4. Grapes Seed Oil and Castor Oil
- Mix 3 tablespoon of grapes seeds oil and 1 tablespoon of castor oil in a container and stir.
- Massage this oil gently all over your eyes in the circular direction.
- Leave it for some time.
- Wipe off the makeup using a dry cotton ball which removes the excess oil from the eyes.
- This acts as a makeup remover and is helpful for those with sensitive eyes.
Grapes seed oil along with castor oil is a wonderful remedy for those having sensitive eyes. It removes the makeup safely without affecting the eyes.
5. Jojoba OilJojoba oil has non-allergic property and is perfect homemade eye makeup remover.
- Mix one part of jojoba oil with 2 parts of water.
- Shake the mixture well.
- Pour little solution on a cotton ball and gently apply across your eyes to remove the makeup safely.
- Leave it for few minutes.
- Always wipe off with a dry cotton ball to remove the excess oil from your eyes.
- Splash water on the eyes thoroughly and pat dry.
- It is useful for people who are prone to allergies.
Allergies are one such reaction. It may develop if the product does not suit your eyes. In some cases, you may see red rashes or eruptions around the eyes.
Jojoba oil is better homemade eye makeup remover in such cases. It is also effective if you can apply the jojoba oil directly around the eyes using a cotton ball. It prevents any form of allergy in the eyes.
6. Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Almond Oil
- Mix 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with 3 tablespoons of almond oil and massage across your eyes.
- Leave it for some time and gently wipe it with a dry cotton ball.
- Wash off with normal water and pat dry.
ConclusionIt is a known fact that the skin around the eyes are very soft and gentle. Therefore, it is always better to be careful while applying any of these homemade eye makeup removers. Do not rub the cotton ball in the eye areas. Just wipe the makeup gently.
It is always better to use oily products and ingredients while removing the eye makeup. First of oil acts as an absorbent and homemade eye makeup remover. Second, usually the products that we use for makeup makes the skin very dry. Oil helps in restoring the natural moisture in the eyes.