5 Home Remedies for Oily Skin
1. Lemon Juice is Very Effective for Oily SkinCitric acid is a substance that works like an astringent and lemon juice contains a good amount of it. Its antiseptic properties also help in lightening skin discolorations and restoring pH balance in the skin. You can make a face mask for oily skin by mixing lemon juice with honey and milk.
2. Egg White is Great to Treat Oily SkinDid you know that albumin, or egg whites, is rich in Vitamin A and is highly effective for the treatment of oily skin? It helps in tightening up and toning oily skin.
For one of the best facials for oily skin, mix one egg white and the juice of half a lemon and apply it to your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
3. Yogurt Gives Amazing Result to Oily Skin PeopleLactic acid is present in yogurt. This makes it effective in absorbing excess oil from the skin and it also has the ability to exfoliate it gently. The best face mask for oily skin is plain yogurt. All you need to do is apply it all over your face, leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
4. Tomatoes Work Great to Treat Oily Skin and Open PoresDue to their astringent, clarifying and cooling properties, tomatoes are excellent if you have oily skin. They also help skin that is acne-probe as they are rich in Vitamin C. They also contain natural acids that absorb excess oil from the skin.
For face mask for oily skin, just take half a tomato and rub it on your face. Leave the juice on for 15 minutes to allow the skin to absorb it. Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
5. Cucumbers Can Do Wonders for The Oily Skin!These have a cooling and soothing effect on the skin and also have astringent properties. These factors make cucumbers great for oily skin. They also contain vitamins A and E and minerals like potassium and magnesium which are all beneficial for this skin type.
For one of the best home remedies for oily skin, cut thick slices of an organic cucumber and rub them on your face. Let the juice do its work throughout the night and in the morning, wash it off with warm water. Do this every night before you go to bed.