Are Eggs Good For Me? Do Eggs Cause Heart Disorders? Do Eggs Result In Increase Of Cholesterol? Should I Avoid Consuming Them?
Well, the answers depend on who you ask these questions. You will get varied answers to benefits of eating eggs. A lot of traditional doctors would still tell you that eggs hike cholesterol levels and you must be avoiding them. Few claim that only the whites of the eggs must be used since cholesterol is mostly in the yolk. And if you try researching about benefits of eating eggs, few articles might still force upon you the idea that eggs are dangerous and you must avoid its consumption to avoid health problems.
I’ll be honest with you, I once thought that these news spread on all media in order to push drugs by corporations. I only realized about benefits of eating eggs when I saw a naturopath. I learnt eggs are healthy for you and those doctors who tell you it is not, are wrong. When my naturopath told it the first time, I thought he was crazy and I felt how could many doctors be wrong. However, eventually I realized that they were, and they weren’t wrong just about eggs.
Eggs are, in fact, a very healthy food supplement and are packed with very essential vitamins. They have got great health advantages!
But Won’t Eggs Raise My Cholesterol?
You might be avoiding eggs since this is one of the prominent reasons that cause fear in you. Fear of gaining more cholesterol. But, various studies have revealed that eggs do not raise the LDL cholesterol. In fact, they lower them. As per recent research, those people who consumed three eggs in a day for over twelve weeks were found to have increased the HDL and decreased the LDL cholesterol. Another prominent study shows that people who consumed four eggs in a week had lesser cholesterol than the people who consumed only one egg in a week.
Eggs are real good, and I will list down the benefits of eating eggs. Read on!
Benefits of Eating Eggs
1. Eggs are Extremely NutritiousWe all know that nutrition in our diet is very much essential. A whole egg has got all the nutrients needed to transform one cell into a chicken baby. One large boiled egg has got.
- Vitamin A: 6 percent of RDA.
- Vitamin B2: 15 percent of RDA
- Vitamin B5: 7 percent of RDA
- Vitamin B12: 9 percent of RDA
- Selenium: 22 percent of RDA
- Phosphorus: 9 percent of RDA
- Folate: 5 percent of RDA
2. Eggs Gave High Cholesterol. However, They Do Not Have Negative Affects on Levels of Blood CholesterolYes, it is true that one of the great benefits of eating eggs that they have high cholesterol. Actually, one egg has got about 212 milligrams of cholesterol that is more than half of what is recommended for daily consumption, which is 300 milligrams. But you need to take note that increase of cholesterol in your diet does not necessarily mean that there will be raise in the levels of blood cholesterol.
Liver, in reality, generates hugewuantities of cholesterol each day. When you consume more number of eggs, the liver in turn generates lower amounts of cholesterol. So that will even it out. Every individual has got varied responses towards the benefits of eating eggs.
In 70 percent of the consumers, eggs do not increase the levels of cholesterol.
In the ‘hyper responders’ who constitue the remaining 30 percent, eggs will slightly increase LDL and total cholesterol levels. But, this is quite complex and the changes in approach towards egg consumption might actually prove to be beneficial.