Whether you want extra spending money or a whole new career, I go through the ten best ways you can make a money online this year (and they aren't surveys!)
1. FREELANCE WRITINGFreelance writing is one of the BEST ways you can make money online.
When I started out, I made hundreds on the side freelance writing. It was something i enjoyed and could do on my own time. It's not uncommon for quality writers to get between 100$ - 300$ per 1,000 word post, some even get more.
2. BEING A VIRTUAL ASSISTANTBeing an online VA is one of the most underrated methods for making money online. Not to mention, it has one of the largest job markets, simply because there are so many different options to choose from. Examples include:
- Data Entry
- Call Service Support
- Social Media Assistants
- Pinterest Assistants
- Chat Representatives
- Executive Assistants
- And more!
3. STARTING A BLOG
That is a lot of passive income.
You can find out exactly how she did it here.
Other ways blogger's make money is through ads, sponsorships, products, services... you name it!
If it's something you'd like to learn more about, my post: How Blogger's Make Money, will walk you through all of the details.
Start your blog today (It's one of the ways I make money!)
4. UTILIZING AFFILIATESSo what exactly is affiliate marketing? Well, you simply get a commission every time you recommend a sale.
Affiliate marketing goes hand in hand with blogging. However, you don't need to be a blogger to make an income from affiliates. Social media, word of mouth, and email are all fantastic ways to gain affiliate income as well.
In fact, many Youtuber's make significant money from affiliate marketing without ever having to make a website. They simply leverage the benefit of video to make the sales. And the reality is, video has higher a chance of converting than writing. So, if video is your thing (and writing long, lengthy posts are not) your just as well off in the affiliate world.
You can also learn how Michelle make 50,000 a month from affiliates right here. She also offers a course where she teaches you exactly how to do it for yourself. I took it and I highly recommend you do too!
5. SELLING ON AMAZONAnybody can sell on Amazon if they are willing to find an "in demand" product at wholesale price. If that product can appeal to the amazon market, they can set themselves up to make an incredible profit.
Creator's can also make profit if they can find a large enough market (with low enough competition) for their creations. Although, I found choice number one to be the more popular of the two choices.
There are numerous Amazon FBA courses available that can help you navigate the process.
If you like the idea of creating or simply redistributing, products on the side, then Amazon might be right for you.
6. SELLING ON ETSYEtsy is a popular platform for creators. If you are into crafting or art, it's a perfect platform to try out the eCommerce world. You simply list your items in the Etsy store and use the site's audience to make sales (which is easier than trying to start your own online store).
I'm not an Etsy expert, but I've heard of many women making a killing with their products. This article by around.io does a good job listing the items you can profit on with Etsy.
7. SELLING YOUR OLD STUFF ON EBAYIf you have an issue with hoarding old electronics... stop. right. now.
You can make a lot of extra pocket change by selling all of those used electronics you would have otherwise recycled (or let rot in your house) on eBay.
Don't toss that old laptop, camera, or phone.. sell it. Yes, it's a little bit of a hassle, but the eBay process is an easy one once you get familiar with the platform.
I've made hundreds of dollars selling old electronics on eBay. These items would have otherwise sat in my house for years, taking up spacing while simultaneously losing value.
8. FLIPPING WEBSITESHave you ever heard of Flippa? Well, it's this nifty site where you can buy and sell websites.
Obviously, you have to have a decent knowledge of marketing and SEO to make this profitable.
However, there is a huge benefit to using aged domains over new ones: they rank better in Google.
Some of the websites on the platform are junk, while others are diamonds in the rough. They simply need someone to shine them up for a new audience.
If you are good with marketing and have a decent knowledge of Wordpress (the most common platform on the site) you will do well flipping sites.
You can find out more at flippa.com.
9. DROP SHIPPINGDrop shipping is like having a retail store without all of the physical headaches.
Essentially, drop shipping is where you get to sell items without stocking them yourself. It's almost like a hybrid between affiliate marketing and Amazon sales. You do the marketing, promotion, sales, etc... but the wholesaler does the shipping. This saves you both money and space.
The best part is that you can sell your favorite retail products from anywhere. All you need is an internet connection.
To find out more about drop shipping, watch the video below and check out this article by Shopify.
10. CONSULTINGIf you have knowledge where people need it, you can profit from it. That's right, selling your knowledge is the real deal.
There are so many different topics you can consult on. All you need is a platform to selly our knowledge and an audience to buy it.
Examples of online consulting services include:
- Life Skills
- Real Estate
- And many more