Constipation remedies not only prevent irregular bowel movement but also prevent its repetition in the near future. These natural remedies are simple and can offer you quick relief from this discomforting problem. Here, we are discussing the top 5 effective home remedies for constipation that you must try now!
5 Home Remedies for Constipation
1. Fibres are The Most Effective Natural Remedies for ConstipationIf you are looking for laxatives to soften the stools and regulate your bowel, incorporate the fibre-rich food in your daily diet. Fibres clean up your digestive tract if consumed regularly. You must eat 20-30 gms. of fibres each day. These constipation home remedies are available in the form of leafy greens, berries, beans, legumes, broccoli, cauliflower, artichokes, nuts, seeds, whole grains, etc. They are highly effective in treating the early morning discomfort. As such, you can also prefer fibre supplements to induce their bowel relieving properties.
2. Castor Oil in Natural Constipation RemediesCastor oil is a strong laxative to improve your bowel movement. It is trusted to stimulate the small and large intestines since centuries. Take 1 tsp of castor oil empty stomach in the morning. If you hate it this way, mix with fruit juice or warm milk to enhance its flavour. But you should take it in moderation to avoid any side effects. It is not recommended for the pregnant women. Also, avoid prolonged intake of castor oil to cure constipation.
3. Wrinkled Prunes for Constipation RemediesPrunes are the most traditional and time-tested natural remedies for constipation. This wrinkled fruit is rich in dietary fibres along with a compound called Sorbitol that causes the intestinal contraction to get back into action. You can either eat some prunes or sip prune juice which is slightly lower in its fibre content. Here again, there is a word of caution. Avoid over consumption of prunes or its juice, else it may cause serious diarrhoea.
4. Lemon Juice in Remedies for ConstipationIt is one of the best ways to answer the question, how can I treat constipation. Lemon is rich in citric acid that acts as an instant stimulant for your digestion. It removes the harmful toxins from the body. This effective home remedy is also the simplest one. Add the juice of half lemon in a glassful of warm water. Enhance its flavour with a pinch of rock salt and a little honey. Drink this juice empty stomach early every morning. Lemon juice is one of the most amazing natural remedies for constipation because you can avail the goodness of lemon and consume a glassful of water each day.
5. Molasses in Natural Remedies for ConstipationHere, we are particularly talking about the blackstrap molasses. This sweet remedy has always helped the constipation victims with its high content of magnesium, mineral, and vitamins. The making process of these molasses results in its amazing benefits to cure constipation. Black-strap molasses result from third time boiling of pure sugarcane juice. This crystallised form is recommended to be consumed in the night to have a clear bowel on the next morning. You can take it directly in the quantity of 1-2 tsp or mix it with warm water or tea. Apart from being tasty, it’s quite healthy as well.
These are the top five natural ways to help you in answering the questions like how can I treat constipation or are these remedies effective. Along with these home remedies for constipation, you must rely on the healthiest beverage available to you. Yes, we are talking about water. Drink lots of water daily and exercise regularly to overcome constipation forever.
Friends, If you know any effective home remedy for constipation, do share with us in the comment section!