How are Wrinkles Caused?When the skin starts aging, it becomes thinner and drier. It starts sagging because of the reduction of elastin and collagen. Also, the oil-secreting glands that are essential for moisturizing the skin, start shrinking. One of the most important causes for the aging skin is exposure to sunlight. It can damage the skin cells in a rapid manner. Some of the other reasons include genetics, smoking, unhealthy eating habits, etc.
How Can Essential Oils Help?Essential oils help in keeping the skin moisturized. This prevents the damages that are caused due to the lack of elasticity.
Best Essential Oil for WrinklesThere are many essential oils, which can keep your skin healthy and can give you protection from the wrinkles. Given below is a list of some of the best anti-aging treatment with essential oils.
1. Lemon and Other Citrus OilsThese oils are loaded with Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. These antioxidants repair the free radicals, which break the skin cells and are useful for protecting the skin from aging. It can also brighten the skin and give a luminous skin tone. By adding some elasticity to skin, it can reduce the scars and wrinkles.
2. Clary Sage OilThis is another essential oil for wrinkles that firms up the skin and smoothens it by closing the open pores. Not only does it make the skin smooth, it also prevents the new wrinkles from developing. It is also known as the natural skin-balancer as it maintains a healthy oil balance by obtaining optimal pH level. This oil is also useful for aromatherapy as it can uplift the mood and aid in alleviating anxiety and depression.
3. Frankincense OilThis is one of an essential oil for wrinkles that improve the new cell growth and protects the existing cells. This prevents the aging of the skin and reduces the sagging, wrinkles and scarring. This oil is supposedly the best treatment for eczema. It also has soothing properties and acts as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Other than that, the oil is also therapeutic and can reduce the anger and stress, bringing balance to the mind and the body.
4. Sandalwood OilThis oil is used for stimulating the pituitary glands and the hypothalamus glands so that it enhances the secretion of growth hormones. These have wonderful moisturizing properties that can fight the fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. It can also give a youthful glow, by reducing the inflammations and hyper-pigmentation.
5. Carrot Seed OilThis is one of the best oil for face wrinkles and is useful for promoting the growth of new cells. It reduces the blemishes on the skin and fights wrinkles. The oil is rich in vitamins and minerals which are useful for fighting the free radicals, and in improving the tone of the skin so that one gets a glowing skin.
6. Lavender OilThis is the essential oil for wrinkles and healthy skin. It has a nice fragrance and moisturizes the skin, along with increasing the blood flow to skin tissues.
7. Patchouli OilThis essential oil for wrinkles fights against bacteria, fungi, and inflammations so that the skin remains dense.
8. Geranium OilIt protects the old cells from getting damaged and enhances the growth of the new cells by enabling the blood flow, wherever applied. It squeezes out water from the body into the skin, so that the skin gets further moisturized. It acts as natural astringent, which can block the pores, giving the skin a smooth and glowing appearance.
9. Myrrh OilThis is again an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory oil, which can prevent the skin cells from a premature death. This keeps the skin thick and strong.
10. Coconut OilYou can also use coconut oil for wrinkles on the face. It is a natural moisturizer that softens the skin and can also help in treating eczema. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, this oil has got many uses.
11. Rose OilThis oil is one of the best oils for the aging skin. It keeps the skin firm and moisturized and helps in regenerating and rejuvenating the skin.Applying this oil can make your skin look hydrated, glowing, radiant and plumped. It also reduces the skin sensitivity.
Points to Note While Using The Essential Oils
1. Dilute The OilYou cannot apply the oil directly to your face or other areas. You need to dilute it by adding a few drops of the carrier oil. 2% dilution is considered the best mix.
2. Test on Your SkinThe face is the most sensitive area of your body. So, before you apply the diluted oil to the face, you should try applying it on the back of your arm, so that you know if you are allergic to it.
3. Don’t Go OverboardEssential oils are to be used essentially. So, you should use them in small amounts. Use small portions on your face and body initially and take more if required.
4. Protect The EyesThe essential oils are quite concentrated so you should keep your eyes closed while applying them on your face.
5. Use BlendsYou can pick up the best essential oil for wrinkles of face as per your preferences and requirements. And, you can mix them with any carrier oil. Apply these to your face during the night time as a moisturizer. You can also blend various essential oils together and apply on your face.
Other than the oils that are mentioned above, there are some other essential oils that can be used. These include Grapeseed oil, Apricot kernel oil, almond oil, Avocado oil, Primrose oil, Argan oil and Jojoba oil. All of these have great anti-oxidant and moisturizing properties.