Blackheads are caused when the pores on your skin get clogged due to sebum formation. Sebum is an oil which is secreted by the sebaceous gland. This oil helps to maintain skin soft and supple but when excess sebum deposits in your pores along with dead skin cells, it results into blackheads. Now the major problem that arises is how to get rid of blackheads on chin.
Chin blackheads can be removed by using home remedies. Some of the most beneficial home remedies for blackheads on chin are given here.
Home Remedies for Blackheads On Chin
1. Egg White MaskA mask made using egg white can be highly beneficial in removing those tough blackheads on chin. Egg white has those nutrients which can remove your current blackheads and can also prevent future blackheads from bumping.
For this you need –
- An egg
- A facial tissue
- A clean bowl
- A clean towel
Layer the tissue again with egg white and pat this over the first layer and repeat this process three times. You can also simply use your fingers to apply thin layers of this. Next, peel off the layers of egg white from your face when they are dried completely and rinse your face with water. Wipe it and apply moisturizer.
2. Water and Baking SodaThe Baking soda can be a little tricky ingredient to handle when it comes to your skin because overdoing it can affect your skin. The small, fine granules in the baking soda help to remove the clogging in pores by exfoliating your skin. You will need:
- 1 part baking soda and
- Fresh water
3. SteamExposing your skin to steam for about 10 to 15 minutes can help you cure not only your blackheads but also many other common skin problems like a skin infection. Simply take a large container filled with hot clean water. Firstly, rinse face with clean water and pat dry. Put a towel over your head and lower it down towards the container so that the steam directly hits your face. Make sure to do it very carefully as the skin on a face is very sensitive. Rinse your face immediately after this.
What it does it softens/ melts the oil and dirt clogged in your pores and when you rinse your face immediately afterward, the oil particles are washed away.
4. Lemon Salt Face ScrubIf none of the simpler methods worked for you and you are still in the dilemma on how to remove the blackheads on chin, this face scrub is the optimum solution. This lemon salt scrub is an antibacterial scrub. It deep cleanses your skin and leaves it fresh and dirt free.
For this you will need –
- Lemon juice,
- A clean bowl and
Caution –Don’t use too much of lemon juice as the citric acid in the lemon juice can harm your skin and cause inflammation. The ideal ratio is 2 parts of salt for 1 part lemon juice.
5. Oatmeal, Orange Peel Powder and Yogurt Face MaskThis method is a little complex as compared to the previous ones but it is the most effective one for removing blackheads on chin. The ingredients used in this method helps to exfoliate, nourish and soften your skin. Ingredients you will need:
6. Aloe Vera Gel, Honey, and Lemon JuiceAloe vera gel has soothing properties. On the other hand, honey has antibacterial properties and lemon, as discussed earlier has citric acid. These three ingredients when mixed together, act as an adhesive for blackheads. You will need –
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Aloe vera gel
7. Honey and Brown SugarThese two sweet kitchen ingredients can work as a great exfoliater for your skin. They help to remove the dead skin and kill the germs that clog the pores. Honey act as a skin lubricator and it stick to the blackheads. Hence they are removed when this face scrub is washed off. You just need to mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and massage on your skin in gentle motions avoiding the eye area. Do this for around 5 minutes and rinse your face thereafter.
These were some of the most effective masks for removing chin blackheads. The best part about them is that all of them are home remedies and contain only natural ingredients which cannot harm your skin. They will not only cure blackheads but will also nourish your skin and improve its texture. Go ahead and try them for a youthful skin.