Makeup for older women is not very down looked topic, as women these days always focus on looking young and beautiful, regardless of their age. Makeup for older women is not a real hard task if you know your tricks properly! If you too are getting old, and want to know tips on makeup for older women, then you’ve landed up in the right place! Read on these tips on best makeup for older women and manage to look beautiful in spite of you aging old.
No much ado! Let’s get started!
Makeup For Older Women
1. Lighter Shades of LipstickOne of the important tips for makeup for older women lies in the choice of shades of lipstick. While the dark ones like the blood red, purple, pink, chocolate, dark chocolate, dark brown and so on looks absolutely stunning on younger women, the same looks really ugly for older women.
This is because the bright shades will attract the attention towards your lips and the fine foldings of your lips are clearly visible to everyone which will give you an old woman look. If you don’t want that to happen, what you should be doing is try to choose some light shades of the lipstick.
You can use the shades that match your gums color. This is again another makeup tips for over 50 people. The gums are usually not concealed by you when you’re laughing or giggling. When the gums are visible, your dark shade of lipstick will throw more light on your gums and make you look older. In fact, older than your actual age! So, consider using the lipstick that is a lighter shade and which matches your gums color for best looks.
2. Smart Choice Of MoisturizersMoisturizers are present in the beauty regime of any woman. When you’re getting old, you will require more moisturizers than those who are young as your skin will constantly be dehydrating. For hydrating your skin, and to keep up the smoothness, you have to use some kind of moisturizers for your skin. Be very smart while you’re choosing your moisturizer and make sure you choose a moisturizer that matches your skin tone. This one cannot be missed while discussing makeup for older skin.
A moisturizer that matches your skin tone is the best thing you can get if you’re old. This will not just smoothen skin or hydrate your skin, but also help on concealing the following new lines and wrinkles on your skin. Apply the moisturizer in the night too and leave it overnight for best results. Using moisturizers that don’t go well with your skin color will make you look older and give an impression that you have different skin tones and not just one.
3. Say No to Powder Based CosmeticsThere are many powder based cosmetics and also cream-based cosmetics. Starting from foundations to the eyeliner, there are both powder based and cream based cosmetics. Always try to use cream-based cosmetics over powder based cosmetics. Powder based cosmetics will add more texture to your old looking skin. Your skin already has too much texture and fine foldings, the powder based cosmetics will only make it more evident.
To avoid that, make it a point that you use cream-based cosmetics. Cream based cosmetics will soothe the fine wrinkles and fine lines of your skin. It will also prevent you from getting exposed to hot scorching sun or harsh climatic conditions which can cause redness or patches on your skin.
4. Don’t Use Harsh Shades of Eye ShadowsEyeshadows are one of the most important things that will give a glamorous look to women. While these can be used as an advantage to young women, for older women, it doesn’t really look great. The dark eye shades will highlight the eyebrows and other regions of your eye which look too old and aged.
Instead, you can use lighter shades of eye shadows. This will reduce the attention that’s drawn towards your eye region and will soothe down your fine lines. This can be considered as an important makeup tip for older women as going wrong here make you look very old and aged.
5. Say No To Rosy CheeksOne of the tops makeup tips for older women is to avoid rosy cheeks. Using pink blushes on the cheeks naught look really attractive for kids or teens or even for ladies who are in their twenties. But for those, who are aging, rosy cheeks are a big no according to many makeup artists. This will just not go in tandem with the face that has got fine lines.
Rosy cheeks will attract too much attention and that will throw light on the fine lines and wrinkles that are present on your face. You will be highlighting it with the usage of pink blushes. Makeup for older skin goes all wrong if you use pink blushes on your cheeks. So, try to look natural and say no to rosy cheeks and all those pink blushes. In the guise of looking beautiful by using the rosy blushes, you’ll only end up looking older.
6. Use Eye PencilsMakeup artists have revealed that using eye mascara doesn’t really go well for older women. Instead, you can use eye pencils on your eyes.This can be used as an effective makeup tip for mature women. A dark eyeliner to looks absolutely gorgeous. Eyeliners or eye pencils can also help in lessening the appearance of dark circles around your eyes which are most common in old women.
Using eye pencils can be the best makeup tips for older women as this adds a grace on the older looking skin. It also conceals the aging lines around the eye region and you can look just gorgeous! So, start using eye pencils and avoid mascaras! This one is always given importance by makeup artists during older women makeup.
7. Skin Toners On The Neck RegionFor older women, the neck region is one of the body parts that reveals a lot of fine lines and signs of aging. In order to conceal these, you can use skin toners, and apply it evenly on your neck region.
This will conceal all those foldings and give you a younger look. Also, make sure you are using a cream cosmetic and not a powdered skin toner. Another point to note here is that you need to apply it to the lower part of your chin so that it doesn’t look too artificial.
They were some of the makeup tips for older women. Make up for older women gets much easier with the help of these tips and it no longer will be a pain to you. Also, another important thing ( not really a tip on makeup for older women though that should form part of older women makeup is that you need to be confident and smile. Do not feel low of yourself because you’re getting old and makeup is getting harder for you! Smile avidly and that has the power to conceal the fact that you’re old! Try out these amazing makeup tips for older women and yes, don’t forget to smile!