Of all the minerals present in our body, copper are one important element and drinking water from copper vessels is extremely useful for the body. During old days, grandmothers would mostly store water in copper vessels and also drink in the copper glass. It was not just a means of preserving water but also purifying the same.
With today’s modern technology where we mostly prefer water purifiers and consider them to be the safest water on Earth, it is surprising to know that copper vessels are actually very safe. Copper has the property to kill bacteria, fungi and another micro-organism present in water. It, therefore, renders water safe for drinking.
The copper utensils usually purify the water and also copper has a property to mix in water and you would mostly see an oily substance floating on the surface of water. This is copper and is vital for the human body. Therefore, drink 2-3 glass of water from these vessels and enrich your body with copper contents.
Have a look at health benefits of drinking water from copper vessel.
Let’s See Health Benefits of Drinking Water From Copper Vessel!It is ideal to store water in copper containers 4-5 hours before consuming it. This will help in the purification process and also the water will have some traces of copper in it which is extremely beneficial for the body.
There are several health benefits of drinking water from copper vessel which we will discuss below:
1. Weight LossIt is indeed surprising to know that drinking water from copper vessels can contribute towards weight loss. Copper has the property to help in digestion and it can help your body to burn the fat easily. It increases body metabolism and the energy produced in the body is utilized by the organs for several body functions.
Therefore drink water from copper vessels regularly and you can see the difference in your weight within few months. It is advisable to drink water half an hour before eating your meals and after the same to see a significant weight loss.
2. Aids DigestionCopper is an element which helps the liver to digest the food. It helps to break down the food particles and hence helps in the detoxification process. It is useful for the liver and kidneys. The body retains the essential nutrients and eliminates the water particle.
As per Ayurveda, copper is known to act as a detoxifying agent for the body. It eliminates all the harmful products present in the system and renders the body clean. Therefore, it is advisable to drink stored water in copper vessels. Once the copper influxes in the water, the water is the excellent remedy for digestion.
3. Inhibits The Aging ProcessWow!! Ladies, what more do you want? We all love to look young all the time. However, post 30 years of age the skin starts showing the signs of aging.
Fine lines, wrinkles etc. appear on the face which bothers most of the women. We try several cosmetic products to hide the fine lines and wrinkles; however it ends up having some or the other side effect. Moreover, cosmetic products have a temporary effect that lasts for few days.
However, drinking water from copper vessels slows down the aging process. It is rich in anti-oxidants which fight against the free radicals present in the body and hence your skin looks flawless and younger. This has a permanent effect on the skin and it slows the aging process from within. Try this natural way of reducing the signs of aging without any side effects.
4. Prevents DiseasesCopper is useful to prevent diseases like anemia which is usually related to the low count of Red blood cells. Copper is an important mineral when it comes to absorption of iron in the body.
Iron is extremely essential to increase the hemoglobin content in the body and hence increases the red blood corpuscles. Therefore, the presence of copper increases the absorption rate of iron in the body and in turn your hemoglobin and RBC’s are maintained at their desired count.
Copper is also required by other body functions which make it an essential mineral. Drinking stored water from copper vessels helps to maintain the copper element balance in the body.
5. Prevents Any Form Of InfectionCopper is a vital mineral present in our body and is found to be very effective against bacteria. Human beings suffer from several bacterial infections. Copper can be very useful not only to get rid of these infections but also to prevent the same.
It has been found to be very effective on Bacteria like the E. Coli which is known to cause major illness in the human body.
Therefore, copper is an element which can completely sterilize bacteria and prevent any form of bacterial infection in the human body.
6. Heals WoundCopper helps to heal wounds faster. It has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it ideal for inflamed areas of the body.
It is equally effective for external and internal wounds. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, it helps to strengthen the immune system. Any disorder or wound related to stomach gets healed by copper easily. Therefore, all those who are suffering from internal injuries, drink water stored in copper vessel frequently.
Copper also helps to produce a new cell faster which is why it is believed to be an ideal element for any form of external or internal injury.
7. Improves Heart HealthCopper is beneficial to maintain heart health. Most of the people suffer from several heart diseases. However, it has been found that copper content in the body helps to lower the blood pressure in the body.
Blood pressure is one of the life threatening disease and you take several medicines to keep it under control. However, copper is one such natural source which can keep your blood pressure levels under check all the time.
It also helps to check cholesterol as bad cholesterol is one of the primary reasons behind several heart problems. Therefore, drink copper infused water every day to keep your heart healthy.
8. Reduces Risk Of CancerCancer is slowly becoming a common disease and most of the people are suffering from the disease. Although the main reason behind cancer is not yet known, however, researchers believe that cancer is mostly caused by the presence of free radicals in the body.
Cancer patients have to undergo several phases of chemotherapy which is very painful for them. As the saying goes like prevention is better than cure, therefore copper can help to prevent cancer and also for cancer patients it strengthens the immune system. Hence, it helps you to fight against cancer.
Copper has the strong antioxidant property which helps to fight against these free radicals present in the body. Therefore, it is essential to have the required content of copper in the body. This can be fulfilled by drinking water from copper vessels.
9. Prevents Joint ProblemsCopper reduces inflammation in the joints and hence relieves you from any joint related issues. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties which not only helps to reduce inflammation but also cures diseases like arthritis. It is equally effective for rheumatoid arthritis as well.
Copper also contributes to the immune system in the form that it makes the immune system stronger. Also, it improves the bone health and therefore prevents any problems related to bones like osteoporosis. This keeps you fit and healthy without any major ailments.
10. Regulates Functioning Of Thyroid GlandThyroid is another problem which most of the people are facing these days. It is mostly due to the lack of iodine in the body. There are two forms of thyroid issue: Hyperthyroidism which is caused due to the excess secretion of the thyroid hormone and hypothyroidism which is caused due to lack of thyroid hormone.
Although these diseases are mostly caused due to the lack of iodine in the body, however, copper regulates the functioning of these glands. Therefore, drink water in the copper vessel for the thyroid gland to function normally.
11. Beauty ProductIf you are wondering over how copper can be a beauty product, then you have heard it right. Copper is responsible for melanin production in the body which imparts the natural skin color. Next time, if you wonder why your skin color is darkening or lightening then you know the answer.
Copper is also responsible for the generation of new cells in the body, especially for the epidermal layer. If you have a rich content of copper in your body then your skin will become smooth and supple and you get a flawless and glowing skin. All you need to do is drink the water stored in copper vessels regularly.
ConclusionWe have discussed several health benefits of drinking water from copper vessel in this article. Now we are aware that how copper is beneficial to our body and how drinking water stored in copper vessel really helps the body.
Copper is a natural element found in our body. We just need to balance the content in our body and unknowingly prevent the chances of several diseases in the body. Therefore, continue your normal routine of drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day however just add a twist by storing the water in copper vessel and drink the same daily.
Hope you have found this article useful to know about health benefits of drinking water from copper vessel. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.