3. Cold MilkCold milk is also one of the easiest available things in our kitchen. It reduces itching instantly and also nourishes the eyes. The coolness of milk relaxes the eye muscles and you feel comfortable.
- Take chilled milk in a container and soak 2 cotton pads in it.
- Squeeze the excess milk and place these cotton pads on your eyes.
- Take rest while the cotton pads are there on your eyelids.
Continue with this remedy several times in a day till you get relief from itchy eyes.
4. RosewaterPure rose water is considered as of the most effective home remedies for eye itching. It helps in clearing out the germs and infection causing irritation over the eyes. Therefore, it is a perfect tonic for the eyes.
- Take few drops of rose water in a cotton ball and wipe your eyes with the same.
- You can also keep the cotton pads on your eyes and take rest.
- Take few drops of rose water in a dropper and release 1-2 drops of it in each of the eyes.
- Your eyes may eliminate water for few minutes and that will help to remove the dust and germs present in the eyes.
- After few minutes you will be at ease.
You can also add few drops of rose water to chilled water and rinse your eyes several times in a day with it. This will also help to reduce swelling and itchy eyes. Rose water is indeed a tonic and your eyes feel fresh and natural without any irritation or redness in them.
5. Water and SaltWater and salt, when used in combination and mixture, can be very useful home remedies for eye itching. It helps in washing the debris collected over which causes irritation and later results in eye pain.
- Add a spoonful of salt to water and mix well.
- Rinse your eyes thoroughly with this solution several times till the itching stops.
- Also, if you feel that you still have itchy eyes after the first wash, you can continue this process multiple times in a day.
Salt water acts as an absorbent to remove the toxic substances present in the eyes. It makes the hard debris deposited at the corner of the eyes soft which can be removed easily from the eyes.
As a caution, remember to close your eyes while splashing the solution. If the solution enters the eyes it may cause burning sensation and can worsen the condition. Ensure that you rinse your eyes thoroughly with plain water in case the mix enters into your eyes.
6. Green TeaGreen tea contains anti – inflammatory substance which is very effective and beneficial for eyes. It can reduce itching instantly and provide cooling sensation to the eyes.
- Boil two bags of green tea in distilled and pure water.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the solution to cool down.
- Wash your eyes with the solution twice daily for effective result.
- You can use the tea bags too.
- After boiling the tea bags in water, allow the bags to cool down and place each of the tea bags on your eyes.
- Leave it for some time and relax.
This can bring instant relief from the itching.
7. PotatoThere can be nothing more soothing for the eyes than potato. Potato has anti-itching and anti-inflammation properties which are very useful for itchy and red eyes.
You can use potato juice, potato slices and even grated potatoes for your eyes and they all are equally useful.
- Cut few slices of potato and place them in the refrigerator.
- Remove the potato slices and place them on your eyes.
- You can grate a potato and place the grated potato on your eyes.
- Cover your eyes with a cotton pad to avoid leakage.
- You can also soak cotton pads in potato juice and place them on your eyes for some time.
Potato is very effective for eyes. It not only relieves eye pain, itching, redness and swelling but also removes dark circle from the eyes.
8. Castor OilCastor oil is a viscous liquid and is very effective home remedies for eye itching. It is suitable for both internal and external application.
All you need to do is to take few drops of castor oil in a dropper and pour a single drop in each of the eyes. This will cleanse the eyes as well as release the dirt and germs from the eyes.
Thoroughly rinse your eyes with normal water after an hour of application.
9. Aloe VeraAloe Vera is extremely soothing for the eyes and can reduce inflammation and itching in your eyes. It is one of the most effective home remedies for eye itching.
- Extract some fresh Aloe Vera juice from a leaf and mix it with water.
- Soak cotton pads in the solution ad apply the same on the eyes and nearby areas.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse your eyes with cold water.
This is an instant remedy to get rid of itchy eyes. You can also apply some fresh gel directly on the affected area for immediate relief.
Tips And Tricks To Prevent Itchy Eyes
- Do not rub your eyes frequently.
- In case of redness or irritation, always rinse with normal water.
- It is always advisable to cover your mouth and eyes while moving on the road as the dust particle which flies with the vehicle crossing can directly reside over the eyes and can cause allergy or itches. So better prevent your eyes from dust and infectious particles present in the surrounding.
- In case of infection, try to stay indoors as much as possible.
- Use sunglasses or night glasses while going outside during the day or night respectively.
- If your eyes are watering due to irritation or itchiness, then better to wipe it with a handkerchief, else the infection might spread.
ConclusionEyes are sensitive sense organs of the body and must be taken care of. Any form of dust, dirt or infection can cause harm to your eyes and if immediate attention is not paid then it may further aggravate the condition and sometimes may result in permanent damage.
Try our simple home remedies for eye itching. In case, you still have redness and itching sensation, it is always better to consult a doctor and take medicines accordingly.
Hope you have found this article useful. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.